Quick Fix: Perfectionism Rx
One Week Quick Fix: Perfectionism Rx
Rewrite a Major Perfectionism Story & Reclaim Your Life
A WEEK-LONG 1:1 TAKING YOU FROM SELF-DOUBT TO SELF-CONFIDENCE IN THE AREA OF YOUR LIFE YOU NEED IT MOST
*SPECIAL INTRO PRICE OF ONLY $97*
You are enough, just the way you are.
Your inner critic is telling you LIES about having to earn it.
Here's how you know your daily life is being run by your inner critic...
- Do you try to act like everything's fine with you even (and especially!) when it's not?
- Do you say yes to things and wish you hadn't almost immediately after?
- Do you catch yourself people pleasing to the point of personal exhaustion?
If the answer is yes... don't worry, you are NOT ALONE.
This is because we women were raised with a specific set of Perfectionism Stories, 'PS'es as I call them. You know, those outdated negative thoughts including:
- If something looks good, it was worth the pain I put myself through.
- It’s selfish to have too many needs and being demanding makes me unlovable.
- Success isn’t an option, it’s an expectation, and failure is unacceptable.
Since you know perfectionism is holding you back, here are a few of the Perfectionism Stories you likely tell yourself:
(As written in my book, Escaping perfectionism: Rewrite Your Story and Reclaim Your Life).
When I achieve (X, Y or Z accomplishment, a certain social status, X amount of dollars, a level of achievement, etc.), THEN I will be worthy of (love, happiness, success, freedom, etc.).
If I were less (heavy, lazy, stupid, scattered, tied down, busy), THEN I would be more (successful, happy, attractive, loved, popular, etc.).
If I were more (thin, productive, focused, motivated, etc.), THEN I would be more (loved, popular, successful, beautiful, etc.).
THIS SETS YOU UP FOR (WHAT I LOVINGLY CALL) THE BS PS CYCLE BECAUSE...
Those things all require EXTERNAL forces to give you the validation that should be coming from inside of you. Your achievements, your strengths, and your weaknesses are something your perfectionism completely distorts for you.
Take that distortion, add your own negative mind’s guesses about what others think of you, and these Perfectionism Stories become a never-ending cycle of impossibility.
See, in this PS cycle, you get the BS of there always being ANOTHER dragon to slay after your initial “victory,” which will feel incredibly short-lived, if recognized at all.
It will never be enough because there will always be something MORE or BETTER you MUST achieve, be, or get rid of to be perfect and worthy of the love and happiness you thought your previous goal/attitude was going to bring you.
What if you had a choice, and it included being worthy RIGHT NOW?
To recognize that your inner critic is not a part of your personality AT ALL, rather a set of programmed beliefs you learned in childhood?
IMAGINE WHAT IT WOULD FEEL LIKE TO LOOK IN THE MIRROR AND LOVE WHAT YOU SAW, RIGHT NOW.
To KNOW with absolute certainty that:
- You're truly beautiful, and no blemish or wrinkle can come close to threatening that.
- Your reflection is made up of everything you are becoming, not who you once were.
- Your heart is in the right place and your mistakes were simply lessons.
- Being hard on yourself was a shield you don't need anymore.
- It's not only okay to ask for help, it's paramount to growing.
- You are worth it. And you're confident in that.
- You are enough. You telling yourself that is all you need.
- You wouldn't want to be anyone else.
Does all of this sound great, but...
you don't think your inner critic is that bad
you appreciate being a driven person and don't think perfectionism really hurts you?
Perfectionism sabotages many areas of our lives, especially these seven: career/job, money, family and friends, love, health and wellness, spirituality, and our home/office environments.
On top of not being enough for everyone else, we aren't even enough for ourselves most of the time!
So it's really no wonder that the 2011 Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index said we women hit rock bottom in personal satisfaction and wellness by age 45. We start to feel the effects much earlier, but it all comes to a head because we're worn out, stressed out, and tired.
We've forgotten the most important person, ourselves!
Here are a few key takeaways from these women, 45-64:
- They said they were getting less sleep.
- They reported less time for themselves.
- They admitted they weren’t regularly watching their own health (exercise, nutrition) because they were too busy.
- They often cited juggling a job, family, spouse, finances, aging parents and more as the reasons they were too busy.
- No matter how much they did, no matter how hard they tried or spent time in one area, it felt like it was never good enough and they felt incredibly guilty and exhausted.
If this isn’t a reflection of what life will hold for a life-long perfectionist, I don’t know what is.
So instead of putting yourself last until you reach a breaking point, what if you:
- Learned how to make yourself a priority.
- Created a quiet place and space just for you... with time to spare.
- Found gratitude in what you once saw as unforgivable flaws.
- Kicked judgment to the curb, about yourself and others.
- Enjoyed a more peaceful inner world.
- Felt connected to your purpose instead of your fears.
- Took that leap of faith backed by the power of self-trust.
- Joined that local Toastmaster's group, took that singing lesson, acting class, etc.
Any of these things can happen in just ONE WEEK OF WORKING TOGETHER.
With my whole heart, I welcome you to a life of more freedom and less perfectionism.
I'm Megan Reilly, the author of Escaping Perfectionism: Rewrite Your Story and Reclaim Your Life and also a perfectionist in active recovery (both from an eating disorder and perfectionism) thanks to discovering that my professional writing was (and is) also a powerful tool for personal healing. By seeing my story through a healthier lens and rewriting it from a place of being enough, I've changed my life so much that I hardly recognize it, in a really amazing way!. Read more about me by clicking here.
I'm so excited to help you heal because I know that my happy world and the endless possibilities I see in it could not have been possible as a practicing perfectionist.
Buckle up and get ready for some quick transformation because we'll narrow down the one area of your life you're hardest on yourself about, using my book, Escaping Perfectionism: Rewrite Your Story and Reclaim Your Life as a guide (and then going in for a much deeper dive)!
I'll help you REWRITE your Perfectionism Story with one 60 Minute Strategy Session (via Skype) with action steps and one follow-up call one week later of 30 minutes. Right now, the entire 1:1 program is being offered for ONLY $97. Sign up today for your Welcome Assessment and get to feeling better ASAP.
The reason for the low price? I want the kind of happiness that comes from speaking more kindly to yourself to be accessible to everyone AND I look forward to the testimonial you'll give me when you feel that much better!
Healing from perfectionism can improve your life in countless ways, many of which were covered in my free mini-workshop series available on YouTube. Click on the links below for more info by topic:
Please note: to get the most out of this One Week Quick Fix: Perfectionism RX, there is no set 'do-or-die' to-do list (as perfectionists, we've all given ourselves enough of that). You only need to bring an open mind ready to push through resistance and an open heart excited to accept new possibilities.
No matter where you're at on your recovering from perfectionism journey, I've created a safe space for you to heal. Feel good about signing up because just by setting the intention to rewrite just one of your limiting Perfectionism Stories, you're changing your life!
You are encouraged to buy a copy of my book, Escaping Perfectionism: Rewrite Your Story and Reclaim Your Life on Amazon but it is not required because excerpts will be sent to you if requested.